Should your company consider a cloud based SCADA system? Cloud hosted software continues to become more and more accepted for document creation and backups, email, customer relationship management (CRM), maintenance management software (MMS), and even enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. But what about SCADA?
Traditional SCADA software has been the defacto standard for collecting and analyzing plant floor data for decades, but many companies struggle with implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting SCADA software. What’s worse is that relatively few companies are getting real value from their collected data because they lack the time or expertise to fully implement production analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) layers that deliver continuous improvement.
Cloud hosted SCADA can drastically reduce maintenance and support costs while streamlining the path to analytics, predictive maintenance, AI, and mobile device integration. The obvious concerns companies have are cyber security, data privacy, and safety.
This session will compare and contrast cloud hosted SCADA systems with traditional approaches to SCADA. Some of the questions we will explore include:
- How does Cloud Hosting simplify support and maintenance of SCADA systems?
- What functionality should ALWAYS be local to the machine or equipment?
- What steps can we take to avoid cyber-attacks and maintain data privacy?
- Can moving to a cloud platform actually reduce cyber security risks?
- What types of applications are best suited for a cloud based approach?
- How does Cloud Hosted SCADA streamline the path to analytics and machine learning?
- What is an “On-Premise” hosted SCADA system?